Monday, October 7, 2013

it is alive.

so, now that my swedish adventure has been properly photographed and documented on this particular totem in cyberspace, i am feeling inspired to continue blogging. what does this entail? well, readers, i'm still feeling that out. you're invited for the ride.

as i shared in my last blog, i have had the (not novel) realization that now is the time for me to become aggressive and disciplined in the pursuit of my writing career. i have goals, intentions, and dreams that range from the specific and short term to the abstract and life-spanning. however, the germination for all of the above rests in one simple act: writing. i have discovered that having this avenue has been a catalyst for greater productivity, as it is a blank-page venue whose informality and open-endedness invites the stream of consciousness that alleviates my writer's block. it helps me to overcome one of my struggles as a writer: simply sitting down and getting to it.

what can you expect here? i envision a platform both personal and professional. i want to have a way to share my life, both experiential and artistic. because, you see, that is one of the self-imposed "issues" i have long had as a writer and person. i arbitrarily separate the two, creating two binary selves: writer/me. i choose to corral my experiences, time, relationships, and space into these oppositions, inherently generating conflict by creating a separation. i am excited that i have found, years behind the rest of the population, a way to publicly integrate these hemispheres of my life.

so, there you have it. a declaration that this blog is not dead. stay posted for further dispatches.




No comments:

Post a Comment